LoFric Elle Why Choose LoFric Elle
We believe that LoFric Elle represents a true revolution in catheterization for women, but don’t just take our word for it. Since LoFric Elle was launched it has received several awards for its innovative design.
Winner of the iF Design Award 2020, in the category of Medicine/Health.
LoFric Elle was one of the Red Dot Design Award 2020 winners. Here’s what the award jury had to say about the award winning design: “LoFric Elle successfully combines a slim and discreet form with a user-centric design, which improves the handling of the device.”
LoFric catheters are designed to balance the well-being of people and the planet. When designing LoFric Elle, we focused on minimizing our environmental footprint in the process.
- Produced with 100% bio-based solvent
- Produced using 100% renewable energy
- The handle is 100% recyclable
- Manufactured with 0% PVC for a smaller carbon footprint
In fact, a switch from a PVC or Polyurethane catheter to a LoFric POBE-based catheter, like LoFric Elle, could decrease the carbon footprint by as much as 20kg CO2 every year.4
The angle changes everything
With LoFric Elle, women have control, visibility and distance from the toilet bowl thanks to the built-in handle. The handle also functions as an extension, allowing for a more upright position on the toilet, as well as many individually adapted gripping possibilities.
- 1. Dunger et al. Acta Endocrinol., 1988.
- 2. Wellspect test protocol 2019.
- 3. Wellspect test protocol 2017.
- 4. IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute Report 2021
“Climate change impact comparison of catheter materials”.